Partners in Caring and Feeding Our City 2022
Village celebrates Hunger Action Month
Village Supermarket stores all worked to fight hunger for Hunger Action Month. This year, our city stores joined the fight! ShopRite stores fundraised for Partners in Caring and Fairway and Gourmet Garage welcomed our first-ever Feeding Our City campaign. Our stores collectively raised over $250,000 to fight hunger in the communities we serve. Keep reading for some awesome stats and great photos of the store teams!
Congratulations to our Self-Check Out Winning Teams!
Congratulations to our top 10 Partners in Caring Hunger Fighting Cashiers!
- 294 ShopRite of Springfield: Julie Mornhinweg
- 633 ShopRite of Absecon: Tara Reed
- 601 ShopRite of English Creek: Terri Baldwin
- 245 ShopRite of Morristown: Mary-Kate Dombrowski
- 633 ShopRite of English Creek: Francine Bruno
- 273 ShopRite of Chester: Cristina Matasaru
- 273 ShopRite of Chester: Randy Clark
- 443 ShopRite of Stirling: Mei Hsieh-Li
- 443 ShopRite of Stirling: Patricia Schieni
- 294 ShopRite of Springfield: Monique Janthas
Our top ten cashiers single-handedly raised $19,692.44 over the 5 weeks!
What an amazing contribution to an important cause. Great job!
Results are in! Congratulations to our 8 Village Stores who will be featured on the Cheerios box! This was a super competitive year, and it’s no easy feat to get a spot on the box. Overall, ShopRite stores raised 1.3 MILLION DOLLARS to fight hunger in the local communities we serve. Great work!
- Union (#7 Overall in Wakefern)
- English Creek